Trigeminal neuralgia (prosopalgia, tic douloureux, Fothergill’s disease)
Trigeminal neuralgia is a painful condition due to affection of 12th cranial nerve, main cause behing this ailment is not clear, but as per Dr.Abhishek it is due to the involment of myelin around the nerve. Involvement can be because of following reason:
- Due to compression with a blood vessel where the nerve exits the brain stem,
- Multiple sclerosis,
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Typical Trigeminal neuralgia
- Atypical trigeminal neuralgia
In typical trigeminal neuralgia pain is severe, sudden, like a shock in one side of the face which lasts for seconds to few minutes. These pain attack may occur over a few hours also.
Atypical Trigeminal neuralgia pain is constant burning which is less severe as compare to pain felt in typical type. Pain may get triggered by touch to the face.
As per Dr.Abhishek, due to involvement of nerves, the condition is very painful, incidence of the condition is seen more in person with age 50yrs and above, though clinically at aura homeopathy we have seen that this condition can occur at any age, and females are more prone to get trigeminal neuralgia.
- Any Tumor which compressing trigeminal nerve
- Demyelination:-Loss of nerve covering
- Old age
- M.S-Multiple sclerosis
- Arteriovenous Disformation
- Any Lesions in brain
- Injuries post surgery
- Abuse of allopathy medications
- Irritation due to chemical exposure
- Facial trauma
There are a many other triggers that can increase the T.N pain:
- Brushing your teeth
- Face Washing
- Combing hair
- Encountering a breeze
- Sever pain which can be violent, jerking, stabbing, piercing, zapping, sharp, shooting in nature and is unbearable.
- Reoccurance of pain attacks can lasting for a few seconds, minutes, days, weeks or even months if affection is severe.
- Anxiety & restlessness.
- Sensitivity of the affected part.
- Numbness or Tingling of the face.
- The patient is often seen crying loud because of intense pain.
- At times severe pain lasting for days or months.
How to diagnose
Dr.Abhishek, says that when a person suffer from facial pain where painkillers don’t help
and no dental pathology is related then there are chances you are affected by trigeminal neuralgia.
MRI & Reflex tests are done to confirm the disease.
Role of Aura Homeopathy Medicine in Trigeminal neuralgia
As per Dr.Abhishek clinic study, paints opt for Homeopathy because of following drawback of allopathy treatment:
In allopathy treatment pain gets better temporarily with the use of allopathy medicine, till the action of allopathy medicine, there after it again regain its intensity.
Secondly due to allopathy medicine intake there are lot of side effects, effecting, kidney, liver, brain functioning, eyes, etc
With the use of aura homeopathy medicine we tend to tapper off allopathy medicine first, and with continous use of these safe natural homeopathy medicine we helps the patient to get free of this painful condition of trigeminal neuralgia. It takes approx 2-3 months of treatment to establish the Improvement, and full cure may require 18-24 months. Homeopathy medicine are fully capable to reduce pain and discomfort.To summarize homeopathy helps in treating trigeminal neuralgia by:
- reducing unbearable pains,
- decreasing the frequency of the pain
- inactivation of trigger zone
- reducing the sensations of numbness
- reducing the chances of relapse
- producing dramatic remission
There are 132 homeopathy medicines which give best relief in trigeminal neuralgia. However, the correct homeopathy medicine choice and good relief is only possible with the experience and right judgment on the part of homeopathy doctor. The Homeopathy treatment is based on case taking.